Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How Jim Bunning Assholedom Effects Me

One thing that happens when you spend a lot of time buying and selling cards, is that the entire thing is de-mystified. They look like dollars, not something you want to admire. Cards that as a kid I would have flipped over just look like entries on my spreadsheet now.

That said, I do have a small collection consisting of Dodgers, some of the top Hall of Famer types like Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Williams, Koufax, and Hall of Fame rookie cards. This last category is the only thing I've spent any money on. It's a finite group, so not an endless money sinkhole like collecting sets or autographs, and cool in a museum sort of way.

One of these is my 1957 Jim Bunning rookie. Honestly, I know nothing about the guy as a player, but WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE this assclown is as a Senator. I think I have to unload this card just to make sure it doesn't infect the rest of my collection. Seriously. You reading this, Bunning? Go fuck yourself in the earhole.

Thank you...

2 comments: